Thursday 19 September 2013

Welcome Darwin to a brand new year! So far, so good.... We are currently first place in the number of house points but Telford and Newton are very close! We do however need to ensure that we do not get C points as they are bringing our total points down. I hope you enjoyed the first assembly on "My Word is my Bond" and understand the implications of following through with your actions. Make sure that if you sign up for a house event that you do it or organise somebody else to. You don't have to be good at the event to take part, just getting involved and trying your best is enough. On that theme, the first round of house football begins on Saturday 28th September with year 7s, followed closely by year 7 rugby on Saturday 12th October. I am sure that the year 7s will do Darwin proud and I look forward to watching a few victories :). Year 12 and 13 will follow on shortly after and dates will be confirmed. Please remember the promises that I made to you: 1) I will buy a tub of chocolates for the form that gets the most house points by Christmas 2) I will buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the form that collects the most charity money by the end of the year. 3) I will show you my very short appearance on Wipeout if Darwin are the overall house winners at the end of the year. Although a house charity has not been selected yet please remember to donate any spare money when the collection comes round as it will give us a great start. Keep checking the house blog for updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment